Monday, February 23, 2009

"Nothing is as Constant in Life as Change"

Friends forever!

After much pondering, prayer, fasting, and evaluation Jon and I find ourselves back in Utah. As I spent the week packing up our apartment, my mind was filled with many thoughts and emotions. I thought about the life Jon and I created for ourselves in CA. The friends we made, the individuals we became, and the challenges that created the rock of our relationship. I ask myself, "did I do all that I was called to do and did I learn all that I needed to learn"? Was I the example I needed to be? Did I lend a listening ear to my new friends and was I the leader I needed to be for my Young Women girls? I hope so, I hope I gave my all and each person knows how much I care about him/her.

Jon and Lisa Blaser. Jon and I will miss FHE game night with them for sure!

Living in CA was one of the greatest challenges and most rewarding experiences. I will miss the area but more than anything I will miss the people. I met people from all walks of life. Each one had a different story and left an impression on me I will never forget. I'm grateful for my experience in CA and I will never forget the things I learned, the person I became, and the people who impacted my life for good. To my friends I left behind I miss you and I will never forget you! Thank you for your friendship and your love! (I'm grateful for technology knowing we can always stay in contact.) To my friends and family I come home to, I'm excited to share with you the new ME. More than anything, I'm sad to leave behind my CA home but I'm excited to see what new adventure awaits us. The last six months were filled with many roller coasters both good and bad, happy and sad, challenging and rewarding. Now I wait to see what the next six months will bring. I have no doubt it too will be filled with many challenges and struggles but there is no greater joy than knowing we're doing our very best and trying to do all we can to be faithful and do what we feel is right that in of itself is rewarding. Who knows, if our journey calls us to move again, I'm sure I will say all of the same things about UT I said about leaving CA I will miss the people.

Jen and I. One of my good friends I met at the gym.


Carmen and I. Another good friend I met at the gym.

Oh how I will miss all of my gym friends and the awesome gym workouts!!! I have always loved health and fitness, but in CA it reached new levels and really became a huge part of my life.

Kels, Jayme, Lauren, & Meghan. My Young Women Laurels.

Of course we had to get a funny one.

Oh how I will miss these girls so much. I hope they know how much I love them, enjoyed teaching them and getting to know them. They impacted my life in ways they will never know. I truly admire them for their strength as they fight daily battles of being righteous daughters of God. Girls, may your light ALWAYS SHINE BRIGHT FOR ALL TO SEE!!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

You are possibly one of my favorite people in the whole world! I am super excited that you found our blog. :)
So I read a little of your blog, back in Utah huh? Hope its going well. We should go to lunch!

Elisa said...

Hey Kati, I'm so happy that I finally found ya on here. When you left a message on my blog, I tried to link to yours and it wouldn't let me. Anywho, I hope you've settled somewhat with your move. Come see us soon!